Environmental, Social & Corporate Governance
On November 10th 2022 , the European Parliament adopted the proposal for a Directive as regards to corporate sustainability reporting (‘the Corporate Sustainability Reporting Directive’).
The Directive introduces more detailed reporting requirements on companies’ impact on the environment, human rights, and social standards. In addition, the Parliament specified that, to ensure companies are providing reliable information, they will be subject to independent auditing and certification.
The CSRD will now have to be adopted by the Council at the end of November, which is only a formality.
If you are an EU company or do business in the EU, you should ask yourself the following questions:
- Is my company in scope of the new CSRD regulation?
- What are my reporting obligations if I am a SME?
- What are my reporting obligations if I am a large company?
- What if I am not an EU company but do business in the EU?
- Are there any exemptions to my reporting obligations?
- If not, how should I prepare?
- What do I need to report on?
- By when do I need to report?
- Are there any templates available?
- Who do I contact?